I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Hello family!
Wow, another week has gone by! It's getting closer to Christmas!! Yay!
This week we had I--'s baptism and confirmation. The spirit is so strong at baptisms, it helps me to know that I am doing what's right and and following my Savior. I am so grateful to have been able to help I-- along that path to enter the gate of baptism and be one step closer to returning to live with Heavenly Father, Christ, and her family forever!

On Sunday Sister G------ and I were late getting into class after sacrament meeting because we had some people we needed to talk to. Brother B--- (our ward mission leader) told us later that I-- asked to bear her testimony in class. She told everyone that she had been searching and going to other churches, but always felt like something was missing, but here after being baptized and confirmed she feels that she has found what she was looking for! I know that is because we have the GOSPEL restored and in its FULLNESS. We are a part of the same church that Christ organized when He was on the earth. Just think about that, how amazing is that to know that the priesthood power that Christ has to teach and to heal and to perform all the miracles he did, is the same priesthood power on the earth today!?! I've known that all my life, and yet the thought of it still amazes me and reminds me of how blessed I am!

I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment