I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Aren't People Just Amazing!

Hello family!

This week was great! We had our last couple of lessons with I--, she had her baptismal interview and is ready to go for the baptism on Saturday!! We are so excited for her and she is getting really excited. It is so great to see the change that has occurred in her life and in her brother's family- they are LDS and I-- is living with them right now. I am not sure how active her brother was before we came to Carson, but he is now and will be the one to baptize her!

We ran into an interesting lady this week while trying to find a less-active. The lady invited us into her apartment and told us about experiences that she's had of seeing visions, and how Christ is a big part of her life. She is also really caring about other people. She told us we could come back and visit with her again, so she is a potential right now. It's funny how you will see someone and picture them being a member of the church and how happy their lives can be. That is what I saw her when we were talking with her and I really hope she will be open about hearing the gospel, because it will make her life better than it is right now.

We also had a good visit with S-----, I can't remember what I've mentioned about her, she is less-active. We don't even have her records in the ward. But we went over yesterday and talked about hope, because part of her family won't talk to her or really have anything to do with her right now (her grown-up daughters) and her family means everything to her. It makes me so sad and I just want to be able to fix everything for her, but I can't. I think she is going through this right now so that she can re-grow her testimony in the gospel and not rely so much on it being centered around her family. She hasn't read the Book of Mormon for a couple years so we left a copy with her (hers is packed away somewhere still) and a chapter in Moroni to read. She said she would and I could just feel her willingness to learning about the gospel again. I really think she is ready to gain that testimony again. I'm not sure how long it will take but I am so excited to see her progress.

Aren't people just amazing! I am so privileged to be a part of these people's lives and the lives of others here in Carson. Here in Nevada! I know that the Lord is watching out for me each day and is giving me strength. I have to remind myself sometimes of how much I have felt the Lord's hand in my life these 4 months so far that I've been on my mission! I am so grateful and so honored to be a personal representative of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. I wear His name because I am doing His work. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior. I know that He lived and died for each and every one of us! And that is birth is the most important thing we should remember during the Christmas season and also throughout the year.
I love you all! Thanks for your support! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment