I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Lori's Taking Off!

 Lori and her new companion she is training
Training Day

This week we have experienced so many miracles. We have 3 people set for baptism. We taught 16 lessons and we already have 16 lessons scheduled for this next week! And we have zone conference so that takes out almost an entire day!

Some of the highlights from the week:
We had some time before our lesson with a less active, so we tracted a few houses. No luck there. But then the lesson we went to was amazing!! She had questions about a reading assignment we had given her and her son about the stripling warriors, so we went through the chapters in Alma and helped them understand it. Then she told us she wants to go through the temple soon!! So she has set a goal for herself!! Plus the ward is just about the start a temple prep class & a lot of the members who are in our gospel essentials class are going to go to that class :)

We had a lesson with G----- and her parents. We were planning on dropping them, but our lesson ended up going so well that we are coming back on Wednesday and they are going to feed us dinner. SWEET!!

Then we met with a family where the father is not a member. And I don't think we are going to have any luck with him at the moment, but they have a son who is a senior but isn't planning on going on a mission right after he graduates. So I was talking to him about how great of an opportunity it is for him to be able to go so soon. So I "BOLDDRANK"-ed him (pretty much it just means you are bold about what you are telling them) and gave him a scripture to read everyday this week and to pray to ask Heavenly Father when he should go on a mission. I felt like I was in the Best Two Years movie  there for a second. But I really felt like he needed encouragement to go on a mission.
And, S------- and C------ came to church Sunday!! S----- is just amazing and pretty much set herself for baptism. She contributed to the lesson in Relief Society and offered her home to another individual who is kind of investigating. He isn't quite ready to meet with us, but he has come to church 3 times already!

There is some CRAZY AMAZING stuff happening here in Carson. And I know that it is not us, it is the Lord's hand here in His work!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!
Oh and I can't forget, I finished reading the Book of Mormon this week! So yesterday I was reading in sacrament meeting and decided to go through the footnotes in 1 Nephi 1:1 and I learned SO MUCH from that one verse. I couldn't believe how much is packed into that first verse!
I love you mom! Have a great week!

Sister Goodwin  

P.S. Mom - Tell the teachers at work that what I am doing is giving up a small portion of the time I have to be with my family so that other families can be together forever! Like the picture I sent. Also, that through sacrifice we are blessed by God. Serving others and forgetting about ourselves is the example Christ gave us to follow. And, that it is my decision to stay here and miss Kara's wedding. No one is forcing me to do anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment