I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello family!

Another week has gone by already! Can you believe it? This week was a bit slow for us. We don't have very many people to teach right now so our focus is on finding. It's really hard to talk to strangers.... We had Zone Conference this week. We had our cars inspected at 8 am and then we listened to President and Sister Hermansen and some of our other leaders. We also found out that the mission was supposed to be up to 190 by December and now they've changed it to 250 missionaries by February! That means there will be more that one set of missionaries for some of the wards! And that means the rest of us right now really need to kick it into gear! The focus of the conference was also on finding. The people are here... somewhere :)
This week we had another lesson with G-----. The biggest struggle is getting her to come to church, it's hard when her parents do other things on Sunday. So we're still working on that, but she is saying her prayers and reading the Book of Mormon, which I find very impressive for an 8 year old who doesn't really have the support of her parents.

We do have a few new investigators, D---- and K----- we met them out contacting in their apartment complex. K----- has studied with LDS missionaries before, so we will see how this goes. Also another lady, I--, she is living with her brother and sister-in-law who are in our ward. She has some interesting ideas about Christ and how Christ works in her life. But, she is open and willing to learn, and as far as we know she wants to join the church!
So we do have some potential here in Carson. We are still getting to know the ward as well, we've been giving out mormon.org cards and encouraging them to give them to their friends. Please help the missionaries in your areas by giving them referrals, that is the best way for missionaries to find people who are prepared to hear about the gospel!

Some people we've tried talking to on the streets want nothing to do with us, not even to listen at all, and that just breaks my heart, what we have to share is more important than anything they would be doing! I look at the examples of Alma and the sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon, the courage they had to proclaim the gospel without fear! That is my goal, to be able to talk to anyone and everyone about the significance of the restoration and how blessed we are for it! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that Joseph Smith restored the same church that Christ established when He was on the earth! I know that each of us can come to that knowledge for ourselves through studying the Book of Mormon and sincerely praying to Heavenly Father to know for ourselves that it is true, and this is His restored church on the earth today! I have come to know that for myself and I can't deny it! I love this gospel!

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Goodwin     

No comments:

Post a Comment