I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!



Hello family!

I hope everyone had a great week! All our snow has melted now, but it rained pretty hard on Saturday. We found out transfers as well, Sister G------and I are staying in Carson! There is still work here for us to do. I hope everyone is excited for Thanksgiving! Eat some turkey for me :)
This week our area had the opportunity to participate in a mini mission! Sister G------ and I each had a companion from Gardnerville. Both girls were 17 and seniors in high school. Boy did they see what missionary life is really like! We split up for part of the day, unfortunately the lesson Sister F------- and I had cancelled on us. But we did set up an appointment with a couple former investigators! We visited an inactive lady who gave us a million ideas on how to do a Christmas fireside! (Which we will be implementing for next month)

All four of us went to teach I---, and set her for baptism!! Sweet!!!! That will be happening the middle of December!


Most of the week prior we were doing a lot of finding/ attempting to find more people who are ready for the gospel. They are here, and we will find them! But, for now we are going through the trial of our faith. Proving to the Lord that He can trust us with the teaching of His children. It's hard work, but it is worth it! 



We went to a baptism of an 8 year old girl yesterday. The spirit was so strong, and it helped to strengthen my faith to see the decision she has made willingly. It is so important for each of us to strive to follow Christ in all that we do. Without Him there would be no purpose for our lives here on earth!

I love you all! Thanks for your support! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Goodwin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment