I am serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, in the Nevada Reno Mission. Follow my blog as I set out on the greatest adventure I could possibly experience at this time in my life!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Christ is ALWAYS there for us

Hello family!!

So last week was transfers on Tuesday, Sister Gi----- and I are over the Carson River Ward here in Carson City! And I love it here! We live with Sister Gu-----, she has a cat and a dog- I'm not sure how I feel about living with animals... But there are some things I've noticed about Nevada. Here everyone likes their individualized license plates and animals (and supposedly guns, but I have yet to experience that first hand). I think just about everyone in the ward we've met so far has a cat or a dog or multiple! So that takes a bit of getting used to. I have really discovered that I am an outdoor animal person, not an indoor animal person...

Anyways, Sister Gi----- and I have been exploring our side of Carson City in a Corolla- I haven't run into anything yet and I hope I don't, luckily we have a GPS, cause Sister Gi----- hasn't really used maps before. I have also made more U-turns in my life than in all of my driving career!
Most of this week we visited with members and less active members, trying to get to know as many people in the ward as possible. Our next step is to do some more finding, almost all of the investigators the previous sisters were working with ended up getting baptized! Yay! But, it means more work for us :)
We visited with a less active lady, C-------, who was going through the finalization of her divorce. We just happened to pop over when she was having a hard time with everything and so we shared a scripture with her, 3 Nephi 9:14 about the Lord's arm being extended towards us! He is ALWAYS there for us, and even when we face trials that are hard and we don't know why we are going through them, there IS a reason, it is to help us LEARN. Yes, it is hard but the Lord knows how much we can handle and will not test us beyond what we are capable of. That is a lesson that I needed to learn as well. The Lord's work is not easy, but it is WORTH IT! And, I am so glad that we stopped by C-------'s when we did, because that was exactly what she needed to hear. We asked if there was anything we could do for her and she told us that we had already helped her and given her what she needed right then. AMAZING, the sister missionaries in this area before us said that they were never able to contact her and the first time Sister Gi------ and I went over, she was there and we saw a miracle that day. The Lord is watching over each and EVERY ONE of us!
Thank you for supporting me in this adventure! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and I am doing His work!

Love,

Sister Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment